Thursday, March 7, 2013

Visiting The Vise! Pat's Rubber Leg Stonefly

    As I am sure you can see a trend forming here this week, I have been busy at the vise filling my boxes for my much anticipated trip to Colorado at the end of the month. This stonefly pattern is supposed to be the bee's knees for early spring fishing on some of the waters I will be venturing out on. There are a few different colors that this can be tied in, but the best part is that it is a heavy fly due to all the lead wire you wrap on it. Due to the weight this should get your fly down on the bottom of those deep holes where the big hungry trout await food.





Materials List:

Hook: size 6-12 2-3x long 2x heavy

Thread: 3/0 Black or Brown

Lead wire: .20 or .15

Body: Variegated Chennile in black,coffee,red,yellow,orange, olive

Legs: Rubber spanflex Brown

This Video on Pat's Rubber Legs is brought to you by The Catch and The Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment