Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm Back!

  After a long break from the Blogger & website world I'm going to try and make a comeback. 2 years ago I started TrailtheOutdoors.com and it started out on a good foot, but after some complications, growing to rapidly, and not being able to keep up, I shut it down. Soon after I joined the Blogger world with the Illinois Wisconsin Fishing  Blog. Blake Hamilton took me in and let me contribute to his growing blog, in which I am deeply grateful for. As the hunting season approached in Illinois this past fall, I turned all my focus toward that and fell off the grid for awhile. Along with the holidays and my family it was hard to even keep up to say the least. New years came, and I kept telling myself I wanted to get back in the game and start to explore some new options such as podcasts, more videos, and some more photography type work.  It should be an interesting and challenging journey along the way, but I hope you all tune in and follow along with me during 2013.

  So far this year Ice fishing has been phenomenal. I have been drilling holes and setting hooks like you wouldn't believe. I had my first bad outing of the year this past Sunday mostly due to the weather. I will be heading back out this evening to try getting into some slab crappies. As of recently the hot setup has been a gold teardrop jig tipped with either a wax worm or a 1" gulp smelt minnow.

  I should have a report from tonight's outing up in the next few days. Please add my blog to your feed and I hope you all enjoy what is to come in 2013. Tight Lines!

6 comments:

  1. Trail
    Glad you are back on the blog circuit. I am looking forward to the ice crappie report. Crappie is one of my favorite fish to land with the fly rod and ultra light combo. I join your blog as follower, but for some reason my image didn’t show up on the follower’s link. I am adding your blog to my blog roll. Looking forward to some great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! I am back at it. Went out last night and slammed the Crappie through the ice. Average 10" Crappies. We got our limit. It was a stellar night to say the least. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Just noticed the image shows ---you may want to delete the unmarked image

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have recently come back from a long break in the blogosphere and it has been a little difficult to get the following that I had before, maybe it will just take time.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see your making a come back as well Rick. Keep on truckin my friend!

      Delete