Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Start Of A New Rod Build

  Tuesday night I started another Rod Build. The rod is an 8'6" Trolling rod that I am building for a good friend of mine, Scott Perz. Scott fishes the MWC Walleye circuit, and his love and knowledge of trolling for many different species just amazes me. Scott and I fish together all the time as stated in previous posts. Well my good friend turns the big 60 next week and I wanted to get him something special. He typically uses Ugly Stiks when trolling, and this drives me nuts. They are decent rods, but why not add a little flash to the arsenal. I went with a MHX Blank 8'6" in length 2pcs. so he could break it down and put it into his rod locker. Add some flash by going with Holographic guides. I am wrapping the rod with Metallic Threads in a purple and silver. The purple and silver theme is to match the colors of his Ranger boat. So far it is looking sweet, and I can't wait to see some finish on this rod. The finish will help the thread colors pop off the blank. I also went with a nice cork handle and fore grip. Cork always seems to stand up to the abuse a lot better than EVA Grips in my opinion. I snapped a few pictures at the bench last night. Here they are, and I will continue to post more as the build goes on.






No comments:

Post a Comment