Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Day On The Bay!

Sunday morning was an early start. I left home at 1:30 a.m. Heading out I had to pick up a cup of coffee as I was in for a long day. I arrived at my good friend Scott's place around 2, we loaded up the truck and boat and we where off to Green Bay .

We arrived and were on the water by 6 am and headed to a spot on the west shore that we fished last year. We set up running crawler harnesses with 1 oz inline weights over 18-22 feet of water. Before we could get all six rods in the water we had a fish on. I handed the rod to our friend pat who is just getting into fishing. I knew it was a nice walleye by the way it hit the bait. Sure enough it was a nice 26 1/4" eye. 



This is the first and biggest eye pat has ever caught. It was a nice way to break him into walleye fishing on Green Bay .

 We continued on throughout the day bouncing around the bay. We managed to catch 5 more keepers ranging from 24 to 16 inches on length. All in all it was a good day on the bay. 

2 comments:

  1. Thats a good looking Walleye. I have always wanted to fish Green Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great day! long time to see your new stories!

    ReplyDelete